- Empower Enterprise
- Wide Area Networks (WANs)
Guidelines for Empower global WAN deployments:
· Empower Database and Citrix Servers should reside in the same data center
· a DNS server should be accessible to the LACE for quick domain name resolution and domain authentication
· local TNSNAMES.ora file should be used in place of a global TNS_ADMIN variable
· consolidated Empower licenses to reduce the number of entries
Wide Area Network parameters:
· Bandwidth - ensure sufficient network bandwidth is available to support all Empower traffic as well as any other network traffic within the same network.
· Latency - 200 ms maximum latency (spikes will cause performance degradation)
· Packet loss - any packet loss will cause significant performance degradation
· WAN optimizers - we do not support the use of WAN optimizers and if they are in use, all Empower network traffic should be excluded
NOTE: these parameters have not been evaluated for instrument control and data acquisition.
This guidance is published as a Tech Note on the Waters Support site as TECN134947975 - Guidance for deploying Empower in a Wide Area Network