Empower message center shows the following errors:
- Instrument Failure
- 39: Client is not GC Owner as required to perform command
- Unable to connect to the remote server
- The request was aborted: The operation has timed out
- Agilent 7890
The ethernet cable was disconnected while the GC was in use.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Reboot the Empower node to re-establish the connection.
If this doesn't solve:
- Delete the chromatographic system.
- Before you do this .Go to Configuration Manager > Systems. Select your Chromatographic systems--> right-click and choose export to text. This will provide documentation of the systems before deleting it. Please note that deleting the instsrv.dat file will delete all system configurations on the node
- Delete the DHCP configuration and instruments from acquisition node properties.
- Delete the INSTSRV.DAT file (in C:\Empower\InstrumentServer folder), and reboot the acquisition node.
- Power cycle the 7890 GC if necessary for DHCP IP addressing
- Recreate the chromatographic system and launch Run Samples.
- Setup a new or previously created Instrument Method
PCS number 48685 has been created for this error. Refer to PCS in the Agilent 7890 GC Instrument Control Software Version 2.6 Release Notes