- Empower 3 Run Samples or LAC/E32 node properties error - Failed to establish a COM connection to the requested device. It is
likely turned off or is not a Waters device.
- Empower 3 Enterprise or Workgroup
- Empower 2 Enterprise or Workgroup
- Empower 1 Enterprise or Workgroup
The client trying to access the LAC/E32 has no connectivity across the network.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Ping the LAC/E name from the client to confirm connectivity.
- Ping the LAC/E name by IP address.
- If the LAC/E cannot be pinged by name, but can be pinged by IP address, then the issue is DNS related.
- Have the customer's IT admin correct the DNS issue or manually enter the names and IP addresses of the LAC/Es into the client's hosts file.