- Empower 3 Run Samples or LAC/E32 node properties error - Failed to establish a COM connection to the requested device. It is
likely turned off or is not a Waters device.
- Empower 3 Enterprise or Workgroup
- Empower 2 Enterprise or Workgroup
- Empower 1 Enterprise or Workgroup
- Citrix server
The client or Citrix server trying to access the LAC/E32 has no connectivity across the network.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Ping the LAC/E name from the client or Citrix server to confirm connectivity.
- Ping the LAC/E name by IP address.
- If the LAC/E cannot be pinged by name, but can be pinged by IP address, then the issue is DNS related.
- Have the customer's IT admin correct the DNS issue or manually enter the names and IP addresses of the LAC/Es into the client's or Citrix server's hosts file.
- The hosts file can typically be found in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder. After adding the IP address and LAC/E32 computer host name that you are trying to reach, save the file as a file without a .txt extension.
- You should be able to ping the LAC/E by it's name and Empower should then be able to access it. This is a common issue when adding new LAC/E machines into a domain.
id10450, EMP2LIC, EMP2OPT, EMP2SW, EMP3GC, EMP3LIC, EMP3OPT, EMP3SW, EMPGC, EMPGPC, EMPLIC, EMPOWER2, EMPOWER3, EMPSW, SUP