- "Instrumentserver MFC application has stopped working" error message in Run Samples.
- Windows system and application logs show no obvious errors.
- No errors in message center.
- Virtual memory settings increased to recommended setting.
- Reboot of PC and systems do not resolve issue.
Possibly a corrupt method.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Create new sample set method from scratch, not a "save as" method.
If you get an MFC application error, confirm the following:
- Ensure that your antivirus is not doing real time scans. Scheduled scans when the instrument is not running.
- Ensure that the Empower folder is excluded from antivirus scans.
- Ensure that you disable Windows automatic updates.
- Ensure that the following Windows services are disabled:
- Software Protection Service
- Windows Error Reporting
- Windows Security Center
To perform these steps and access the relevant services, you must have local administrative privileges on the computer on which you are working.