OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Clean a Delta Pak column to remove contaminants and/or proteinaceous sample buildup.
- Column cleaning
- Delta Pak
- If using the isocratic mobile phase cleaning protocols, each solvent should be flushed through for 20 column volumes (CV).
- Increasing the column temperature to 35 °C aids cleaning.
- For polar samples to use isocratic mobile phases: Start with water for 20 CV, follow with 20 CV methanol, and then 20 CV of isopropanol. Finish with another flush of 100% water for 20 CV.
- For proteinaceous samples:
- Option 1: Inject with repeated 100-µL injections of DMSO using a reduced flow rate, delivering 50% Eluent A and 50% Eluent B
- Option 2: Gradient of 10-90% B, where A = 0.1% TFA in water and B = 0.1% TFA in acetonitrile
- Option 3: Flush columns with 7M guanidine hydrochloride or 7M urea
For additional information, see How do I calculate the empty column volume of a column?
id54535, Dimethyl sulfoxide