- Step loss detected on Y-axis error message
- MassLynx 4.1
The arm movement is restricted causing step loss
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Select Waters 2767 > Reset Communications in the inlet editor.
- Wipe the Y rail with a lint free cloth dampened with isopropyl alcohol.
Note: the PM kit includes lubricant (WAT272065 2700 LUBE KIT), which if used after cleaning, should be applied very sparingly.
- Exit the inlet editor.
- Power off the 2767.
- Remove the racks from the bed.
- Move the arm to the front left and down near the bed.
- Power on the 2767.
- Open the inlet editor to reset.
Note: if the arm does not move, select Waters 2767 > Reset Communications in the inlet editor.
This fix is also applicable to the error "Step loss detected on Z-axis". Clean the Z-Axis rails in Step 2 above.