OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Start up a Xevo triple-quad or SQD from a full shutdown/powered-off status.
- SQ Detector
- SQ Detector 2
- TQ Detector
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-GC
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
- Power-on the host PC, and then log in to Windows.
- Power-on the LC and let it initialize.
- For a Xevo TQ-S, TQ MS, or TQ-XS, ensure that the MS power cord is plugged in and that both toggle switches on the back (middle-bottom) are in the up position. For all other triple- or single-quads, power on the MS using the power button .
- Wait five minutes.
- Start up MassLynx and open the Tune page.
- From the Tune page, pump the instrument down using vacuum (from the top drop-down menu in the middle of the page) and select pump. The MS pumps down faster if the isolation valve is closed and the argon or CID/trap gas is on. Be sure to open the valve before going into Operate mode.
- For the most reliable results, it is best to let pumping continue overnight before running, especially if the system was vented for a while (days).