- Unit faults with a Column error: "Multi mode column selection is out of range CM(x) CM(y)"
- Instrument method control of column positions: CM-S column set to "No Change" and CM-30S set to "Column 1"
- Instrument method editing: Changed the CM-S to None, saved, and set up again. Failure continues to occur.
- Mismatch between the actual valve position and the valve position indicated in the Empower direct control panel
- The valve position in the direct control panel shows the "column 1" position, but the actual valve position is "waste"
- This issue occurred at module initialization, after turning on each module
- The Column Manager (CM-30S) disappears from the console software
- Empower system configuration has both column manager devices present with status OK
- ACQUITY Single Zone Column Manager (CM-S)
- ACQUITY APC 30cm Single Zone Column Manager (CM-30S)
Power-cycling of the column manager devices in the incorrect order caused a valve mapping issue.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Clearing the non-volatile memory of each instrument ensures proper valve mapping of the column configuration.
- "Clearing non-volatile memory" is a service mode function for the device. You must enter service mode in order to clear the memory.
- Do this for both column manager modules, so that you restore factory defaults.
Power-cycle the column manager devices in the correct order:
Power-cycle the secondary manager (CM-30S or Dual CM-S) first.
Power-cycle the primary manager (CM-S with valves) second.
The system must be reconfigured in the Empower System Configuration.
Empower System Configuration:
The CM-S (with valves) installed as the primary module is the first serial number added to the system configuration.
Secondary modules (CM-30S or Dual CM-S) are added to the Empower system configuration second.
Follow the installation guidelines for creating the system configuration as described in the ACQUITY APC System Guide.