OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Installing a 30-cm column heater/cooler on an original ACQUITY UPLC with the standard 65 ºC column heater. This article refers only to classic ACQUITY systems manufactured before June 15, 2007 with serial number below F07UPA461M.
- ACQUITY UPLC
- Manufactured before June 15, 2007 with serial number below F07UPA461M
- 30-cm column heater/cooler and standard CH (65 ºC).
- With all components powered-down, connect cable 70002146 (same as used on Alliance) between SM and 30-cm CHC.
- Leave all switch settings on the 30-cm CHC at zero.
- Power-up system.
To switch between the ACQUITY UPLC with 30-cm CHC and ACQUITY UPLC with standard low-temperature CH, follow these steps:
- Power-down all components.
- With the 30-cm CHC off, power-on the ACQUITY SM, BSM, and detectors.
There is no need to disconnect the cable between the SM and 30-cm CHC.