- Pump H/W over pressure error in Console
- Resetting does not resolve the issue
- System flushed overnight
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM).
Possible clog, vapor lock, not starting out with a very low flow rate when changing mobile phase (especially going from 100% aqueous to 100% organic solvent) or the system is not primed properly before starting the flow with a different mobile phase.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Unscrew the compression fitting from the pump to the AutoSampler. Port 5 on the injection valve.
- Prime solvent.
- Set flow.
- Monitor flow coming from the tubing that was unscrewed from port 5.
- Screw the compression screw back into port 5.
- Continue unscrewing connections along the fluid path one at a time, and then setting the flow. Monitor the pressure to ensure that there is no over pressure error.
- Reconnect the connections.
- If no error occurs throughout the fluid path, run as normal.