- Console shows errors possible (sometimes intermittant):
- X axis move h/w fault
- x-axis h/w lost steps (number)
- X-Axis Home H/W fault
- Grinding noise when the sample manager tries to home after a reset
- Reboot or power-cycle does not clear the error
- ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager
Debris on the x axis
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Power-off the sample manager.
- Use canned air to blow off the x-axis bar (against the black accordion at the back of the sample manager).
- Clean the rail and leadscrew with a lint free cloth moistened with Isopropyl alcohol to remove stubborn dirt.
- Gently move the needle carriage all of the way left and all of the way right several times. Observe the flex cable to avoid damaging it.
- Power-on the sample manager.