OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Perform the characterizations of needle and sample loop volumes.
- ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager
- Whenever you replace the sample loop and/or the sample needle, you must set the system to characterize the volume of the replacement parts.
- Perform this procedure when the composition of the weak-wash solvent changes.
- Specify the sizes of the sample needle, loop, and syringe in the Volumes dialog box before characterizing the volumes.
- Prime the sample manager and syringes, and characterize the needle seal before characterizing the volumes.
- In the ACQUITY UPLC Console, select Sample Manager from the system tree.
- Click Maintain > Characterize > Needle and loop volumes.
- In the Characterize Needle and Loop Volumes dialog box, click Start.
- This procedure takes at least five minutes.
- If you have a 1ul sample loop it takes a long time (approx upto 30 minutes) because the internal diameter of the loop is very narrow. The syringe moves slower to avoid cavitation.