- When attempting to inject from a plate higher than 2, a bad plate location error message appears
- MassLynx 4.1
- ACQUITY Sample Organizer
The Bed Layout is set up for a Sample Manager with two plates, not for a Sample Organizer with 10 or so plates.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- To configure the Inlet Editor for more than two plates, go to the ACQUITY Sampler menu in the Inlet Editor and select Bed Layout.
- Type the new name (for example, 10 Plate Bed) in the top white space under "Bed Layouts:".
- In the small white field to the right of where you typed the name, type in the total number of plates (including tray 1, which sits on the right in the sample manger) and hit the button. Click elsewhere and the number typed should remain.
- Select the save new bed layout button .
- Go to Current Layout Selected and select the new bed layout name from the drop-down menu.
- Select OK.
- In the inlet editor, select the LC drop-down menu and select Reset Communications.
- Run a test injection to make sure that you can now select from more than two plates.