- "Degasser vacuum h/w failure (1)" error in console upon ACQUITY Solvent Manager power-on initialization
- Degasser error code 1 indicates that it took more than three minutes for the vacuum pressure to fall below 0.909 psi
- Fault occurs when turning the system back on after the instrument had been shut down
- Upon initialization, the degasser pump is unable draw down to effective vacuum pressure at the sensor
- ACQUITY UPLC Binary Solvent Manager (BSM)
- ACQUITY H-Class Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
- ACQUITY I-Class Binary Solvent Manager
- ACQUITY Systems Driver Pack 4 SR1
- ACQUITY Systems Driver Pack 2017 Release 1
ACQUITY solvent managers pull down a vacuum for only three minutes upon initialization. This amount of time is insufficient. Three minutes of draw-down does not effectively purge solvent vapor from the degasser tubing for all mobile phases.
- Teflon AF tubing within the degasser chamber bleeds during periods of downtime.
- Common solvents such as acetonitrile and methanol condense over time as vapor escapes the Teflon AF tubing within the degasser chambers
- Solvent vapor pressure rises, making it difficult to avoid degasser faults when turning on the instrument after an overnight or weekend idle period.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Recycle instrument power to restart the three-minute pump-down cycle on the degasser.
- It may take several cycles to purge the vacuum lines of excess solvent vapors.
- This will effectively purge degasser lines of excess solvent vapors and pull down to suitable vacuum.