OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Shut down and disassemble a PDA detector for shipment to the repair center.
- 2998 Photodiode Array Detector
- 2996 Photodiode Array Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA eλ Detector
- Wash the system with H2O for 20 minutes, and then wash the system with IPA for 20 minutes.
- Close the control software and power-off the module.
- Electrically unplug the module and mark and remove any cables (Ethernet, signal, I/O, events) from the module.
(Marking the cables is important for reinstalling the system when the modules come back from repair. Photos of cable and tubing are also helpful.)
- Disconnect inlet and outlet tubing from the flow cell.
- Move the module to a suitable box for shipment. (If a box is not available, ask your local Waters office.)
Note the dimensions and weight of the module to choose an appropriate box:
2998 HPLC UV Detector: 19.4 cm X 34.3 cm X 61.0 cm, 12.6 kg
2996 HPLC UV Detector: 22.0 cm X 29.0 cm X 61.0 cm, 14.3 kg
ACQUITY PDA Detector: 20.6 cm X 29.1 cm X 61.0 cm, 15.6 kg
- Fill and sign the latest revision of the H&S module provided by Waters.
Attach it to the box and send a PDF copy to the local Waters office.
The Waters office will contact you to arrange the shipment.
To reinstall the module, attach all of the cables and tubes that were removed.
2996, 2998, 2998B, isopropanol, UPAPDA, UPC2PDA, UPPDA, UPPDAARC, UPPDAARCB, UPPDA-E, UPPDA-L, UPPDALTC, UPPDATC, UPPPDA