- Programmed temperature set point of 65 °C, but the column compartment only achieves 62 °C in 12 hours equilibration with no flow.
- The heater cooler engine is operating at approximately 50% power and does not achieve 65 °C temperature set point.
- Room temperature stable at 22 °C.
30-cm Column Heater/Cooler cannot reach set points above 50 °C.
- The column compartment takes 60 minutes or longer and does not reach temperature set point.
- ACQUITY Arc SM-FTN-R
- ACQUITY Arc 30-cm Column Heater/Cooler
- Arc SM-FTN-R firmware bug power limiting control when heating and cannot reliably achieve set points above 50 °C.
- The heater/cooler engine is operating at a power limited to 50%.
FIX or WORKAROUND
To install this release:
- Restart the computer or LAC/E connected to the Arc Sample Manager FTN-R.
- Download the Arc Sample Manager FTN-R self-extracting executable file from Waters.com.
- Run the self-extracting executable file.
- Result: The Sample Manager FTN-R [V1.70].sft, Loader, and Release Notes are extracted.
- Copy the .sft firmware file to the LAC/E or workstation location: C:\Empower\Instruments\Firmware.
- In C:\Empower\Instruments\Firmware, run Autoloader.
- Result: Ensure that the status for the Sample Manager FTN-R reads “Update Required” and the File Version reads “1.70”.
- Select Load Firmware.
- After the firmware loads, power cycle the Sample Manager FTN-R and close Autoloader.