OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Determine the length of tubing required to make a sample loop, based on the ID of the tubing.
- HPLC instruments with a sample loop
- Determine the volume of the loop you want to create.
- Determine the ID of the tubing that you want to use to create the loop.
- Based on the list below, calculate the length of tubing you will cut to achieve the required volume.
- Tube-cutting is recommended only for HPLC.
- UPLC and nano/micro tubing should be cut at the factory.
- The volume of a loop is calculated by the inner diameter and the length of the tubing (µL/inch).
- .0025 = .080 µL/inch
- .005 = .322 µL/inch
- .009 = 1.04 µL/inch
- .020 = 5.148 µL/inch
- .030 = 11.583 µL/inch
- .040 = 20.592 µL/inch
Note: You must use the specific fittings required for the instrument.