- CM-A Error "Column Active Preheater configured but not detected"
- Configured CM-A and FTN to appropriate settings per install guidance to facilitate 30-cm Column Module configuration.
- Confirmed functional active preheaters (APH) on another module.
- H-Class System
- ACQUITY Column Manager-Active (CM-A)
- ACQUITY 30-cm Column Heater-Active (CH-30A)
- DP4 SR1 with Empower 3 FR2
Column manager and preheater configuration incorrect.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- In the console, configure the CM-A as a "4-column" configuration in Column Selection operating mode.
- Change column numbering by position in the column manager console configuration.
- Column position 1 is the top-right location
- Column position 2 is the bottom-right location
- Column position 3 (unused) is the top-left location (plumbed to CH-30A or 30-cm CHC)
- Column position 4 (unused) is the bottom-left location (optional plumbing to second column in 30-cm CHC)
- Configure active preheaters in console.
- Preheaters configured with column positions 1 and 2 as "Active" on the right.
- Preheaters configured with (unused) column positions 3 and 4 as "Active, disabled" or "Passive" control on the left.
- Note: Passive preheater option for control was removed from configuration for active preheater in DP4 SR1.
- Ensure that the Instrument Method has the correct preheater parameter.
- Recommendation: Program as "use console configuration"
Please refer to the service procedure for configuring an H-Class with a 30CM CHC or CH-30A for more information.