- Pressure on 2695 degasser is not reaching <0.9psi
- The degasser is producing a loud pitched whining noise
- The degasser is producing a knocking noise
- Degasser tray is wearing or aging
- Alliance HPLC System
- 2695 Separations Module
- Select agent lab / CDC environment
- Lab with radioactive materials used in system
Leaking degasser chamber.
Corrosion visible on degasser vacuum pump. Drive shaft and c-clip are rusted.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Power-off the 2695.
- Clamp off the tubing to a degasser chamber and power-on the 2695 to confirm whether the issue persists.
- If the issue is resolved, replace that chamber.
- If the issue is resolved, but the knocking noise still exists replace the degasser pump (p/n: 700001352) it will eventually fail.
An alternative to replacing individual chambers and motor is to replace the Performance Plus 2695 Degasser Tray (700011708). Note: depending on circumstances if the system is in a select agent environment under CDC controls, or a radioactive environment it maybe advisable to replace the tray and leave the old tray onsite for disposal.