- "Communication Error: Communication with the service has been lost and cannot be recovered..." after a short period of time running the instrument on a UNIFI client PC
- Instrument may continue to run and buffer on the LND
- UNIFI 1.8.2
- UNIFI Server (Client and LND) setup
The hard drives were set to turn off after some period of time (e.g., 20 minutes), rather than set to NEVER.
Note: Issue may be a result of corporate IT updates pushed out over a weekend, even if computer had hard drives set to NEVER.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- On the client PC, go to Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced Settings > Hard Disk > Turn Hard Disk off after.
- Type in NEVER.
- Click Apply, and click OK.
comms, SUPUNIFI, UNIFISVR, UNIFISW18, UNIFOPT, UNIFQLIC, UNIFSW17, UNIFSW18, UNIFSW19, UNIFWGLIC, UNIFWKLIC