- When logging in to NuGenesis SDMS applications, the only server available is "pts/1"
- The following error messages appear when logging in to SDMS:
- "[NG24035] Server <SERVERNAME> is not valid."
- "[NG14529] ODBC driver reports error:... TNS:could not resolved the connect identifier specified."
- The NuGenesis SDMS system was recently installed or was the target of a migration from an earlier version of NuGenesis.
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
After installing a new NuGenesis database it is required to login to SDMS Administrator and configure a valid Server name in the Master list. If this is not done then the default Server name of pts/1 is still in the Master List.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Launch SDMS Administrator
- In dialog that asked to update the local list choose NO
- Login with ngprojmgr
- Add the valid SDMS Server to the Master list
- Add at least one Audit reason to new Server in Master list
- Remove the pts/1 Server from Master list
- Click Actions > Update Local List