OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Install and enable the Telnet client on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC, in order to communicate with the embedded PCs of mass spectrometers.
- Windows 7, 64 bit, Professional Edition
- Windows 10, 64 bit, Enterprise Edition
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the check box for Telnet Client (see screenshot below).
- Click OK.
There are freeware programs such as Putty that offer more capabilities, such as text logging. Windows XP's built-in program "Hyperterminal" is no longer included in Windows 7 or Windows 10.