This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the following symptoms do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution does not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link.
- Mass Spectrometer missing from Console.
- Communications (for example, ping EPC) are correct.
- MS appears on Tune page.
- Synapt G2-Si
- MassLynx 4.2 SCN 983
- Will likely affect other MS instruments and MassLynx variants
Unsupported antivirus software.
In the original case where this was reported, both Microsoft Defender/Endpoint Protection and Bytefence were installed. Neither was tested with MassLynx 4.2. The former was set up with local language settings and it is not clear whether it was directly interfering with MassLynx or the Console. However, the Bytefence log clearly showed that on access scanning was applied to the Inlet Editor and the ACQUITY Console.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close MassLynx and stop ACQUITY processes.
- Switch off or remove unsupported security software.
- Restart the PC and system components (LC and MS).
- Confirm that the MS is visible in the Console.
- Optional: Restart/reinstall the unsupported security software and attempt to configure it in a way that does not interfere with MassLynx.
Tips for configuring unsupported security software with MassLynx:
- Configure exceptions to C:/MassLynx/ and C/Program Files (x86) Waters Instruments/, and any other locations to which MassLynx projects are saved.
- Turn off "on access scanning".
- If the security software includes its own firewall, turn that firewall off.