This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link
- XML error message on opening the console
- ACQUITY or MS missing from the console
- ACQUITY Console
- MS Console
- ACQUITY SQD
- ACQUITY TQD
- ACQUITY UPLC
- MassLynx 4.1
- MassLynx 4.2
- SYNAPT G2
- SYNAPT G2-S
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo QTof MS
- Xevo G2 QTof
- Xevo G2-S QTof
- Xevo G2-XS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQD
Corrupt XML file
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close down MassLynx and associated windows.
- Run Stop ACQUITY Processes and Stop MassLynx Processes.
- Navigate to C:\MassLynx\Intellistart\Configuration.
- Open each XML file.
- Rename as "old_name" or cut and paste to the desktop any of the XML files that are blank when opened. The usual culprit is UserCustomConfigurations.xml or vialfunctionsettings.xml, but more than one could be corrupt.
- Replace the culprit files with good ones (see attachments for Tof or Quad Configuration folders).
- Restart MassLynx. If you cannot access "good" XML files, contact Waters Technical Support at 1-888-292-8377.
Sometimes the plots for the MS are missing from the console. Flip to the pump plot, open the plot properties, and then go back to the MS plot. After a few minutes, the missing plots populate.