OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Configure a nanoACQUITY with ICS 1.42 in MassLynx.
- ICS 1.42
- ICS 1.53
- nanoACQUITY UPLC
- ACQUITY UPLC M-Class
- Open the Inlet Method Editor.
- Configure the LC:
- Pump: Waters Pump Control
- Sample Mgr: None
- Detector: n/a or TUV as applicable
- Close the configuration utility. If you get a Server Busy error, click Retry.
- If a window appears that says, "click Instrument Setup to complete the configuration", click OK.
- When the Inlet Method restarts, it will give a pump error. Ignore the error.
- Exit MassLynx and reboot the computer.
- Log in to MassLynx and open the inlet editor.
- Click the Additional Status tab. (There may be only one module (sample manager) present.
- Open the ACQUITY Console.
- Ensure that the ACQUITY UPLC System in the left-hand panel is highlighted; click the drop-down menu, and select Configure.
- Select Configure Instrument Modules.
- For single pump trapping, select which pump is to be used (the bottom one).
- For 2D nanoACQUITY, select 2D with Dilution; select the bottom pump for the nBSM and the top pump for the nBSM-2.
- Select the ASM box if there is an Auxillary Solvent Manager
- Select OK
- When asked to click OK to restart the console, click Yes. The console opens with all modules present. The pumps might be out of order or on top of your Solvent Bottle holder; this can be rearranged later.
- Exit the Console and the inlet method. Do not save the changes to "untitled" methods.
- If you get a Windows error stating that the Inlet Editor MFC Application has stopped working, close the program.
- Exit MassLynx.
- Run StopACQUITYProcesses or restart the PC.
- Log in to Windows, start MassLynx, and open the Inlet Editor.
- Open the pump window and select Mode at the bottom.
- Select the mode that was selected in the console earlier (single pump trapping or 2D with dilution).