OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Add an ACQUITY detector or ACQUITY Column Manager to an already configured ACQUITY system in the MassLynx inlet editor.
- ACQUITY UPLC TUV
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA
- ACQUITY UPLC Column Manager
- Ensure that the detector is connected via Ethernet cable to the ACQUITY network hub and that it is powered-on.
- Go to the MassLynx Inlet Editor.
- From the Tools menu, choose Instrument Configuration.
- Click the Configure button, and then click Next in the Inlet Configuration Wizard.
- Click Next to keep the existing pump selected.
- Click Next to keep the existing autosampler selected.
- From the list of detectors on the left-hand side, highlight the required ACQUITY detector, and then click the right arrow to move to the "configured detectors' pane. Click Next.
- Click "Scan for Instruments". Once this is completed, from the pull-down menu, choose the detector serial number for the new detector. Click Next.
- At the Configuration Successful screen, click Finish.
- If necessary, click "setup instrument" to install the instrument control software.
- Return to the Inlet Editor and ensure that the new detector button is present and that the OK and Ready lights on the Status page are green.
- Open the ACQUITY Console and ensure that the new detector is present.