- When Empower cannot calculate a Width@Tangent (USP Resolution) value, it incorrectly uses the value from the previous peak (PCS 54414)
- Most prevent with fused peaks
- Empower 2 FR5 through Empower 3 SR2 HF2
- US Pharmacopoeia selected in the "System and Suitability" section of the "Suitability" option in the processing method
- Traditional integration algorithm only
- Apex track integration only in rare cases where peaks are manually identified (if there is no manual integration, then this defect will not be experienced in Apex track integration)
- Fused peaks
When Empower cannot calculate the Width@Tangent value for a fused peak, it incorrectly uses the value of the previous peak.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Select "All" in the "System and Suitability" section of the "Suitability" option in the processing method.
- This fault is corrected in Empower 3 FR3 and all subsequent releases.
See the attached files related to PCS# 54414 and USP Resolution Calculations.