- Projects that have special characters in their names are not backed up by WDM or CS_Cold_Gen backup scripts
- Empower 3 FR4 and above with WDM
- Waters Database Manager (WDM)
- Empower 2 for CS_Cold_Gen.bat script
- Empower 3 for CS_Cold_Gen.bat script
These utilities use the XCOPY DOS command to do the backups and cannot find the backup directories that contain special characters. The special characters are typically non-English characters.
FIX or WORKAROUND
With Empower Configuration Manager, backup the projects that have the special characters, and then restore the project with the special characters changed to A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _, or - (no periods or percent signs).
WDM backup will log the copy as successful when in fact it was never copied.
CRI-569 has been opened to address this issue.