- Error at login to Empower: "Database connection failure, ORA 12537, TNS connection closed"
- Computer name has not changed since installation of Empower
- Reboot of computer does not resolve the issue
- Empower 3 Personal workstation
ORA 12537 is an information message that means that the connection has been closed. Numerous reasons are possible.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Disable the Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
Note: Empower must not be running.
- Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections
- Select the Microsoft Loopback Adapter and right-click to disable
- Modify the following file: C:\Empower\Oracle\Oracle11g_4\NETWORK\A DMIN\sqlnet.ora (see screen shot)
Double-click to open with Notepad and put a # followed by a space in front of the last two lines of the file.
Save the updated file, and reboot the PC.