- In Run Samples, the following message appears: "Failed to establish a COM connection to the requested device. It is likely turned off or is not a Waters device"
- Clicking Empower Node properties gives the same error
- Empower 2 Feature Release 5 (FR5)
- Empower 3
- Mismatch of computer names between old PC and new PC
FIX or WORKAROUND
Change computer name back to old Empower Node name by clicking Start > Computer > Properties > Change settings.
Important: If you plan to change the name of the computer, follow these guidelines:
- Change the name before you install Empower.
- Do not change the name of the computer after Empower is installed.
- The name of the computer must be less than 16 characters in length.
EMP2LIC, EMP2OPT, EMP2SW, EMP3GC, EMP3LIC, EMP3OPT, EMP3SW, EMPGC, EMPGPC, EMPLIC, EMPOWER2, EMPOWER3, EMPSW, SUP