- In Run Samples, the following message appears: "Failed to establish a COM connection to the requested device. It is likely turned off or is not a Waters device"
- Clicking Empower Node properties gives the same error
- Empower 2 Feature Release 5 (FR5) personal
- Empower 3
- Empower 2 FR5 reloaded on new computer by copying the folder from old computer, causing mismatch of computer names between old PC and new PC
FIX or WORKAROUND
Change computer name back to old Empower Node name by clicking Start > Computer > Properties > Change settings.
Important: If you plan to change the name of the computer, follow these guidelines:
- Change the name before you install Empower.
- Do not change the name of the computer after Empower is installed.
- The name of the computer must be less than 16 characters in length.