OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Configure PC COM ports for use in Empower.
- Empower 3 Feature Release 2 (FR2) PC Serial Ports COM1 and COM2
- Empower 3 Service Release 2 (SR2) PC Serial Ports COM1, COM2, COM3, and COM4
- Connect the USB cable (668000407) to the PC.
- Install the driver.
- COM1 and COM2 ports are configured automatically when the driver is installed. Using Windows Device Manager, Expand (COM & LPT), confirm presence of the Edgeport device and its COM port assignment.
- If you need to designate another COM port, double-click on the Edgeport device to open the Properties window, and then click on the Port Settings tab.
- Click on the Advanced button and select the COM Port Number drop-down.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Settings window.
- Click OK to close the Edgeport Properties window.
- Reboot the PC.