- When logging into Empower 3 acquisition client, receiving an error message that the database connection failed oracle error -1 (no other Oracle message)
- TNSPING on Empower database alias reply "'TNSPING.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file".
- From another Empower client, you can run acquisition on system connected to the acquisition client, but data are not in the project.
- Empower 3 FR3 Enterprise
Oracle path is missing in environment variable.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open Windows System Properties (Click Start and type "systempropertiesadvanced" in Search).
- On "Advanced" tab, click "Environment Variables...".
- Select "Path" and click "Edit".
- Verify that the path "C:\Empower\Oracle\Oracle11gClient_4\Bin;" is there. If it is not, add it and restart the computer. (Path may be different depending on Empower version and installation drive).