OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Connect VanGuard Column Protection to an ACQUITY UPLC column and minimize any void space in the connection.
- VanGuard Column Protection
- ACQUITY UPLC
- BEH 1.7um
- Carefully emove the black O-ring from the ferrule. (The ferrule is only lightly staked.)
- Hold the VanGuard Precolumn with the inlet side of the VanGuard on the bench top and the ferrule end pointing up, away from the bench top.
- Bring the column inlet down over the ferrule end of the VanGuard precolumn and join the pieces. Lightly turn the column to stake the ferrule.
- Unscrew the column to make sure the ferrule is straight on the tubing.
- Rejoin the column inlet to the ferrule and screw in the precolumn finger-tight. Do not overtighten.
- Use two wrenches to further tighten the VanGuard precolumn to the inlet of the column, by 1/4-turns past finger-tight. It is normal to see some threads. Do not overtighten.